It’s an exciting time in the Iowa City area, as we gear up for new developments in lodging, dining, shopping, and attractions. See below for a look ahead of what is new and coming to the area.
- Drury Inn & Suites opened in April 2019 on 1st Avenue in Coralville. Adjacent to the Iowa River Landing, it has with convenient access to the University of Iowa, Old Capitol Museum and other local attractions.
- Hyatt Place Iowa City opened in September 2018 as part of Rise at Riverfront Crossings, a 575,000-sq.-ft. mixed-use development located at the corner of Court and Linn Street. With its 151 rooms, the boutique hotel is the first development of its kind in downtown Iowa City.
- Enjoy the views of downtown Iowa City from the rooftop bar of the 12-story property Hilton Garden Inn. Complete with 143 rooms and 3,000 square feet of banquet space, the Hilton Garden Inn is a memorable downtown destination.
- Formerly Sheraton Iowa City, Graduate Iowa City is a boutique hotel reopened June 2018. Inspired by the university’s prestigious creative writing program, the Graduate surrounds visitors in literary history. Works from local author Tim Taranto decorate the walls, while the lobby houses floor-to-ceiling bookcases and reading nooks.
- Xtream Arena will be a 5,200 fixed seat arena and athlete training center and is a significant project in Coralville’s plan for a 180-acre mixed-use area of development in the Iowa River Landing. Construction has begun with a summer 2020 anticipated opening.
- Riverfront Crossings is an area south of downtown Iowa City in redevelopment. Once completed, it will feature a dog park, community gardens, boat ramp, pavilion, nature play, artist’s plaza and more.