- This event has passed.
With options ranging from comfort food and traditional staples to unexpected combinations coupled with the freshness of local ingredients, your taste buds are sure to be quite pleased.
If you haven’t been here lately, you’ll want to experience the eclectic, collegiate spirit of Iowa City and the University of Iowa combined with the shopping and recreational attractions there is adventure around every corner.
Shopping in Iowa City’s curious communities includes options from local sellers as well as large retailers. Find the perfect gift for someone special or a unique piece for your collection!
Iowa City and its curious communities are full of events year-round. You’ll find events ranging from author readings and workshops to musical performances and athletic competitions.
Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
900 1st Ave. Hayden Fry Way Coralville, IA 52241
ABOUT US | SITEMAP | CONTACT US | PRIVACY
© 2023 Think Iowa City | Website by Vortex Digital Business Solutions | Contact Webmaster
Meet the trucks and drivers and others that keep the city going at this showcase of public works vehicles in Centennial Park.
The five Ws
• Who: You! Free and no reservation needed. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• What: A showcase of the trucks and drivers that keep the city going.
• Where: Centennial Park 1565 St. Andrews Drive.
• When: Saturday, May 13, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Why: Check out some cool trucks up close and learn about what happens behind the scenes.
Who will be there
• The folks who care for our parks, streets, sewers and drinking water will roll into Centennial Park with their big trucks.
• Public safety and first responders with a truck or two, a squad car and an ambulance.
• The Iowa History 101 mobile museum from the State Historical Society of Iowa.
• Hawkeye Football’s big equipment tractor and trailer, courtesy of Heartland Express.
• South Slope Cooperative Communications and Centro, Inc., will have games and giveaways.
How to get there
• Centennial Park is located between Kansans Avenue and Jones Boulevard at 1565 St. Andrews Drive.
• Parking is available along residential side streets or at the park.
• It’s Bike Month, so skip the car and bike (or walk) to the event!
You also might be wondering
• Portable restrooms will be available onsite.
• Dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash and you clean up after them.
• The use of tobacco, nicotine, vape and other electronic smoking devices are prohibited in North Liberty parks, trails and public recreation areas.
• This event is outside.
Who to thank
This event is part of the City Slate. The yearlong schedule of events is made possible by Centro, Inc, The Family Dental Center, The Eastern Iowa Airport – CID, Hills Bank, MidWestOne Bank, Shive-Hattery, South Slope Cooperative, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics Urban Acres Real Estate and Veridian Credit Union.
Stay in the loop
Any cancellations or delays will be posted in the Facebook event.
Share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Stay connected with the City by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for news alerts.
We’re committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation at our events for individuals with disabilities. For accommodations, please reach out to [email protected] or call (319) 626-5755.
More City Slate Fun
This event is part of the City Slate, a compilation of North Liberty’s largest and free city-produced events, with more than 40 events planned in 2022. Explore the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/cityslate.
North Liberty, IA 52317 US + Google Map