- This event has passed.
Kites for Kids Festival – North Liberty
April 2 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Spring brings perfect kite-flying weather, and the Kites for Kids Festival brings free kites and lots of other fun — airborne and ground level — to North Liberty as part of Child Abuse Prevention Month in April, in collaboration with Johnson County Social Services, Community Partnership for Protecting Children and Prevent Child Abuse Johnson County.
The five Ws
- Who: You! This event is free. Children should be accompanied by an adult.
- What: A festival for Child Abuse Prevention Month to encourage play between caregivers and children, because play can help strengthen bonds and decrease the prevalence of abuse.
- Where: Liberty High School, 1400 S Dubuque St.
- When: 12 to 2 p.m., Saturday, April 2, 2022.
- Why: To get a free kite and connect as a community in solidarity against abuse in all forms.
Who will be there
- Adam Schechinger State Farm with free lemonade
- AirCare Air Ambulance with a helicopter landing
- Bikers Against Child Abuse (Cedar River Corridor Chapter)
- CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank
- Corridor Community Action Network
- Domestic Violence Intervention Program
- Eastern Iowa Airport
- Facepainting by Lindsay with free face painting
- Green Castle Aero Club with a flyover
- Johnson County Empowerment (an Early Childhood Iowa area)
- Johnson County Joint Emergency Communications Center
- MidWestOne Bank
- North Liberty Community Pantry
- North Liberty Planning Department
- North Liberty Police and Fire Departments
- Therapy Dogs of Johnson County
- United Action for Youth
- University of Iowa Health Care STEM Education
Sign up to volunteer at signupgenius.com/go/60b0f4ca4ac23a5fa7-volunteers1.
Food and drink
We’ll have free snacks and refreshments provided by Adam Schechinger State Farm, Capanna Coffee, Costco, Fareway and HyVee.
How to get there and where to park
- Liberty High School is at 1400 S Dubuque St. in North Liberty and accessible from North Liberty Road, Dubuque Street and the Dubuque Street trail.
- Please park in the parking lots south of the tennis courts and football stadium.
- Skip the car and walk or bike to the event!
You also might be wondering
- Restrooms are available inside Liberty High School during the event.
- Please leave your dogs at home.
- April 2
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Festivals & Fairs, Free Event, Kids & Family, Outdoor & Nature
- Event Tags:
- community, family friendly, food & drink, johnson county, north liberty, outdoors
October 2 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
October 4 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
October 5 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm