- This event has passed.
With options ranging from comfort food and traditional staples to unexpected combinations coupled with the freshness of local ingredients, your taste buds are sure to be quite pleased.
If you haven’t been here lately, you’ll want to experience the eclectic, collegiate spirit of Iowa City and the University of Iowa combined with the shopping and recreational attractions there is adventure around every corner.
Shopping in Iowa City’s curious communities includes options from local sellers as well as large retailers. Find the perfect gift for someone special or a unique piece for your collection!
Iowa City and its curious communities are full of events year-round. You’ll find events ranging from author readings and workshops to musical performances and athletic competitions.
Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
900 1st Ave. Hayden Fry Way Coralville, IA 52241
ABOUT US | SITEMAP | CONTACT US | PRIVACY
© 2023 Think Iowa City | Website by Vortex Digital Business Solutions | Contact Webmaster
The Iowa City Downtown District is excited to announce the return of Top Chef: Downtown in-person event. For 2022, the event will return to the traditional in-person night on Monday, February 28th from 5:00 – 8:00 pm at the Graduate Iowa City. Tickets go on sale Wednesday, January 5th, at 7:00am. Tickets tend to sell out within hours, so set your alarms!
In addition to welcoming back the in-person event, From our Top Chefs to Your Kitchen take-home meal boxes will be available. The take-home experience provides purchasers the ability to enjoy a 5-course meal and 4 drinks curated and prepped by downtown chefs.
Top Chef: Downtown, sponsored by Hills Bank and Performance Food Group, is Downtown Iowa City’s most popular and beloved annual culinary event. Downtown and Northside Marketplace restaurants prepare signature dishes from some of the area’s favorite restaurants, while area mixologists craft exquisite cocktails. This year, we are adding a barista category to the menu to represent downtown coffee shops!
Proceeds from this year’s event will be donated to the Strengthen – Grow – Evolve Campaign with The Englert Theatre and FilmScene.
The official menu with participating restaurants will be released in February.
IN-PERSON EVENT – SOLD OUT
– Ticket buyers will enjoy access to 17 food booths and 10 mixology stations. Attendees can sample as many or as few of the items as desired. The title “Top Chef” is awarded by a panel of culinary experts and all guests can weigh in to determine the People’s Choice winner!
– Our utmost priority is the health and safety of our attendees, volunteers, and restaurant staff. For 2022, Top Chef: Downtown’s in-person event will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all attendees or a negative test within 72 hours of the event. Please be sure to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination or test results to check-in. Failure to provide proof at the event will result in not being allowed to attend the event with no ticket refund available.
FROM OUR TOP CHEFS TO YOUR KITCHEN TAKE-HOME BOX
– In addition to the in-person event, Top Chef: Downtown 2022 will also continue to offer a limited number of take-home boxes.
– The box is built for two people to enjoy and will include:
– 5-course meal to make at home (4 dishes, plus a dessert)
– 4 Drinks
– Each course will include all ingredients, recipes, and/or instructions for each dish. (*Please note that each restaurant will prepare things differently so, some courses may be as simple as bake in the oven, while others may require more steps and time to prepare)
– Only 100 boxes will be available for purchase this year. The Top Chef: Downtown boxes will be available for pick-up or can be delivered for an additional fee on the dates listed below.
– Tuesday, February 8th
– Wednesday, February 9th
Iowa City, IA 52240 US + Google Map
Breakfast with the BunnyApril 8 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm